Monday, April 4, 2011

To Pay, Or NOT To Pay....That is THE Question!!

Tax refunds are here!!  Woohoo!! Time to pay off the debt that I have and boy, was I feeling JAZZED!  That was until Bilal (B as in "Bravo", but sounded more like...like...heck, I was LOST when he made the attempt!  I as in "indigo".  Who says INDIGO?  For real?  Use something like "iPhone".  Something that a southern Stef could understand!  L as in "lemur", but sounded oddly familiar to RENAL. A as in "Alpha".  I did get that one. And L as in "lemur"/RENAL AGAIN!!) picked up the other end of the phone.

As soon as he started talking, I knew right away that this was going to be a LONG phone call!  The kind wear you have to switch the phone from ear to ear to avoid the dreaded "EAR SWEAT"!  He began by gathering my information and to see why I was calling.  With excitement in my voice and a smile on my face (you can hear a smile in someone's voice....go ahead...try it!), I said in my sweet, southern accent, "I wanna pay you and get you guys off my back!" (Oh, YES, I DID!)   I guess he didn't find that too funny, cause like Mr. Roboto, he kept spilling all of these legal jargins in his pretty thick Indian accent.  After quite some time of me having to, for some reason or another, be put on hold for 30 seconds after speaking to him in TWO MINUTE intervals, we finally get all the BLAH, BLAH, BLAH corporate BS that he has to do out of the way and we are ready to take care of business!!!!!  Or, so I thought!!  This was like that song, "This is the song that never ends.  And it goes on and on my friends..."  Except, this was the call that would never end!!!

Bilal, sets up his computer system and was ready to take my payment information.  He asks, "Will this be Visa or Mastercard ma'am?"  His bedside manner was very respectful, but if it weren't for that, I would have hung up on him and tried back another day.  Wait, should I have said "bedside manner"?  I know that you use that term with doctors.  Oh well, Bilal was putting me in enough pain like a doctor would, so I'll leave that term right where it is! I respond, "Visa" (NO, I am not giving out the rest of my card information on here!  Are you NUTS?!?), thinking that we are really rolling along like Ike and Tina down the river and that this conversation would soon come to an end!  Then, here it comes......."Ma'am, the payment department is now closed so I am unable to process a payment tonight."  ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME?!?  He continues, "What time would be a good time tomorrow AFTER 12:00 pm for me to call you?  And be sure to answer the phone ma'am as I will be calling at that time.  Please be sure to answer the phone."  Alright dude, I gotchya!  You want me to cater to YOUR schedule (I'm sure so he can get a commission) and yeah, I also get that you want me to answer the friggin phone!  I got that!!  Thanks!!  So for my reply, and yes I did hear him say after noon, I say, "10:00 AM would be PERFECT for me.  An I'll be sure to answer the phone!"  Silence!!!  I started to hear crickets chirp, but literally cause I had my living room windows opened!  Bilal pops up and reminds me that he would not be in until after noon and that he could not process the information before then.  "I guess I'll just have to call back in the morning then, and talk to someone else, because 10 AM is what is going to work for me.", I say.  Bilal quickly pleas with me, "Please ma'am!  Please call back and ask for me.  Have your pen and paper ready.  Here is my number.  Call back after noon."  Just to be nice, I took Bilal's number down.  I did say that I couldn't guarantee anything and gave him the heads up again, that I just might have to call someone else in the morning.  As soon as I got my last breath of my last word out, he starts in again with the pleading, making it sound as though NOBODY else could assist me with this matter!!  By this point, I was so far gone out of the conversation that I  couldn't help but laugh right into his (probably bleeding by now) ear!  Horrible huh?!?  Ahhhh....WHATEVER!!  You probably would have too!  Although, I really shouldn't say that cause most of you would have totally hung up on poor Bilal!  Bless his heart!  He was simply trying to do his job, and I'm not sure if he was a new employee there or not, but by the conversation he was having with a female in the back regarding our conversation, I took it as so. 

So, we shall see tomorrow if Bilal surprises me with a 10:00 AM phone call.  My guess would have to be NO, seeing how many times he stressed to me that he would not be in until 12:00 PM!!  How bad do you want the commission buddy?!?  Come and get it!!!



2 comments:

  1. Bwahahahaha! You really think he gets a commission? Seriously? For someone paying off their bill?

    I love you messing with him. That is freakin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why else would he be so persistant? LOL I feel that Bilal and I have some sort of love/hate relationship now! I felt like an old married couple arguing with this guy about "who's way" it was going to be. Mine or his! Of course I'm gonna get my way! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete